Alicante, a little further away!
Alicante is for many tourist the place to arrive on the airport to start their holiday at the Costa Blanca. However, Alicante itself has plenty to offer. Alicante has several nice beaches, but also art, culture, museums, shops and boutiques. For cozy restaurants, cafes and bars, you’ve come to the right place.
Some highlights of Alicante are:
- Castillo de Santa Barbara; high above the city adorns Santa Barbara Castle on top of the mountain Benacantil. Most of this comes from the sixteenth century castle and you can reach the castle both by foot and take one of the two lifts up.
- Esplanada de Espana; a beautiful promenade for both day and evening. A nice walk from the harbor to the Canalejas Park. This promenade is even the symbol for Alicante and a must see during a day trip to Alicante.
- Plaza del Ayuntamiento; this important plaza has a stately appearance. This is mainly located by the beautiful baroque city hall and other ancient buildings on the square.
- Basilica de Santa Maria; This basilica dating from the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. Inside are a lot of richly decorated artwork and worth a visit.
- El Barrio; This traditional neighborhood is characterized by cozy and traditional houses with many color is used. The many streets and alleys have many different levels so that you sometimes get to places where the view is phenomenal.
- Nice shopping center at the end of the Esplanade de Espana. Besides the many shops you will also find a number of entertainment companies, restaurants and bars.
- For younger children there is even an adventure park “Aventura Park Alicante ‘visit.
- MACA museum; the museum of contemporary art. The museum houses the Casa de la Asegurada, a building dating from the seventeenth century. Today it is the oldest civil building in Alicante.
- On Thursdays and Saturdays at various places in Alicante market. The Esplanada, near the harbor, there are different every day stalls selling homemade art is sold.
TODAY’S WEATHER IN ALICANTE!
ALICANTE, A LITTLE FURTHER AWAY!
Are you interested to visit Alicante? Book your holiday at Gemelos 22 and check our current prices and availability.